Servicing control information system (ISÚ)
This information system enables transfer and treatment of important information in the planned or actual company servicing procedure. The system comprises technical and programmer equipment enabling simple request entering through servicemen intervention on operator panels, servicemen calling through SMS messages, data collection, their database treatment and visualization in computer user's net. In this manner servicing and production staff is continually informed about service work, breakdown reasons and their solving process. They also know of existing stand times generated during equipment reparation. The system was already used in Skoda Auto Inc., vA plant.
|AMS PT-1 stationar terminal|
ISÚ system basic components:
- Portable ZEBEX PDL-20A terminalsfor service fieldworkers collecting and transferring data’s to ISÚ system database in the course of their service activities. They are the only system mobile units not being directly connected to database server. In this case data transfer is made through connection with service working PCs.(vide infra). ZEBEX portable terminals are equipped with barcode laser scanner enabling label reading (machine and personal identification).
- AMS PT-1/B stationary terminals with a touch screen located in chosen places of production operation. They are connected to company production data net and consequently also to ISÚ system database server. These terminals are used mainly for machine servicemen defect entering. Data coming from these terminals are transferred to ISÚ system database server. AMS PT-1/B terminals are also equipped with machine and personal integrated identification scanner (barcode laser label reading).
- servicemen working PC/B located in servicemen workplaces and offices. These PCs are connected to administrative company data net and consequently also to ISÚ database server. These PCs are used for ZEBEX portable terminal data processing, service task elaboration. They also monitor actual service activities and demands state.
- AMS DPC-1 service supervisory PC located outside of service workplace and connected to company production data net and consequently to ISÚ database server. Supervisory PC converts actual demands into service tasks which are transferred to appropriate workplaces. It supervises their admission in order to be solved and other activities, e.g. newly developed demand servicemen notification through sms messages. Data transfer to servicemen working PC is carried out mainly through ISÚ database server.
- servicemen database server 10gR2 oracle supports ISÚ database operation, which means all information of this system. All system components, such as servicemen working and supervisory PCs, intercommunicate through information saved on this server database.
For ISÚ system purposes, all machines are marked with machine barcode labels. The former one is always stuck on the machine, the latter is removable and for example used for defect report at AMS PT-1/B stationar terminal.
Production workers and servicemen are also equipped with barcode labels and personal numbers. Through these labels or ZEBEX portable terminals, you can comfortably identify certain persons in ISÚ system on stationar AMS PT-1/B terminals.
ISÚ system activity description:
Following currently generated defect solving process, i.e. unexpected servicing intervention, is simply described here. To the system you can currently implement planned service interventions, periodical servicing, preventive controls, machine measuring etc. However, currently generated defects expected to be immediately solved are always most preferred. That's because of rapid stand generation on production equipment that is supposed to be minimalized.
Ordinary process of defect generation and solving at machine equipment is described below:
- Defect generation
Generated defect in the machine is detected by servicemen. Machine running is generally restricted or disabled and machine stand follows
- Defect service report
Servicemen remove machine barcode label and go over to arbitrary, in principal closest AMS PT-1/B terminal. In transparent offered menu through touch screen operation, he reports and specifies the defect. He scans appropriate machine code and his personal number by integrated label barcode scanner
- Defect record to ISÚ database
AMS PT-1/B stationar terminal transfers through net connection the defect to Oracle database server.
- defect processing, assignment and elimination
Supervisory PC detects ISÚ database change and identifies the new defect to be eliminated. Supervisory PC programme finds out appropriate specialized machine servicing workplace entered in database. Having found it out, supervisory PC makes entry of defect elimination request intended for appropriate service working PC. Simultaneously it sends SMS message to relevant serviceman mobile phone.
- Serviceman defect solving
Serviceman assumes the defect to be eliminated on appropriate service working PC by marking reported item in its programme. Except selected instrumentation and material adjusted for defect elimination, he also takes his portable ZEBEX terminal with him. Having come at the machine, he notes down defect solving initiation time and other information about following operations. In the same way, other operations, i.e. solving interruption, solution completion and repaired machine assignment to the servicemen in defect elimination process, are also being entered.
- Data transfer from portable terminals to ISÚ system database
Having come back at the workplace, the serviceman inserts the portable ZEBEX system to communication dolly and charger. In ISÚ system programme he activates data transfer process terminal stored information to ISÚ database. This way all these datas ,i.e. defect elimination process, the process results etc. will be correctly filed and compiled.
ISÚ database information can be used through appropriate programme either by servicemen and their management or production workers, i.e. foremen, to monitor for example actual state of reported defect solving. These data’s also enable servicing intervention process monitoring and detection of incidental defect solving interruptions and their causes. Generally ISÚ system supports defect solving and servicemen work rapidity and effectiveness. This work is also simplified through automatic monitoring of all planned and unplanned activities.